Thursday, May 27, 2010

Last Day in Finland

I can’t believe it’s here already... my last day in Finland! I did not think I would miss it... but now that the time has come nostalgia has set in.

I’m going to miss the clean fresh unpolluted air and water. The lack of crowds. The awesome cinemas with the most delicious popcorn. The beauty of it all.

I’m also looking forward to moving back to the UK where everyone speaks English and you can buy food where you don’t have to guess what it is. I’m so looking forward to cooking in an oven again (only had a 2 hob here). Ahhhh and a dishwasher!

Living in Finland has taught me so much - mainly revealed how much excess I used to deem as necessary... so looking forward to some "spring cleaning". Watch out Oxfam, all your Christmas’s are about to come at once!

This is also the first time we have used movers to collect our things from storage and bring them back to our flat - it’s going to be great not having to do all the heavy lifting and grafting ourselves.

I’m also super excited to be blogging again - it’s good to be back!

Flying out in a few hours time so I had better get a move on, no pun intended!

Happy Birthday Lynne - I miss you!

1 comment:

Monique said...

Good Luck with your move :)