Monday, May 31, 2010

A perfect day!

Yesterday Marc and I had a great time watching an English F1 Grand Prix - in bed on a BIG TV! Then it was rush rush rush as Marc had to fly back to Finland. They asked him to remain till the 25th June, sniff sniff... I'm sure that time will fly though.

To take my mind off things, Louise arrived and convinced me to go shopping with her. This was a good thing as my hairdryer had disappeared. So we spent the afternoon shopping in Richmond, once we had worked up an appetite, we headed to GBK (Gourmet Burger Kitchen) and ordered our usual: 1 Chicken Satay burger with a GBK side salad - to share. Their portions are so huge!

Then to top off a great day, we watched Sex and The City 2. mmmmmm I won't give away the plot, but let's just say I wont be in a hurry to see the next one.

Woke up this morning to a wonderful phone call from my husband - he really in the best! What a great way to wake up.

Put on a few loads of washing...


And began the tedious task of ironing - bleh!

Decided I didn't want to be inside all day, so I grabbed some golf clubs and headed to Dukes Meadow driving range. WOW... how long have we been gone?!?! They had built indoor and outdoor tennis courts, a squash court and a gym.




After 2.5 years of not playing golf it felt good to hit a few balls around. Finally got my swing back... was hitting on average 135 with a seven iron, dead straight, consistently towards the end, so VERY happy with that. Can't feel my forearms though and although tomorrow I will be stiff - it sure was worth it!

Oh saw this car in the parking lot - made me smile!

No comments: