Friday, July 17, 2009

Bits and bobs...

Now that the 2009 blog is up to date, I started the 2008 travel blog. Wow... I'm surprised how difficult it is to remember what happened only a year ago - is this an age thing?!?!

While I've been trying to think about what happened last year, I remembered a few things that happened this year...

  • A while ago I decided to become more Eco-friendly so bought some "Ecover" cleaning products. After a couple of weeks and loads of washing later, it was time to do the dreaded ironing. The clothes felt SUPER soft almost as though I hadn't washed them. After some investigation... turned out I had been washing with "Conditioner"!

  • We've bought steak - only to discover it was horse meat! (Shame, poor horse - Needless to say it was left untouched!)

  • Bought chicken - which turned out NOT to be chicken and I'm too scared to ask what the vile taste really was!

  • I spent an hour translating "How to cook oats" from Finnish into English- where is the instant 1 min oats when you need it the most!?

  • The floors at the airport are made of wood and pristinely preserved - very nice!

  • Marc missed his flight to the UK last time as there were major strikes on at the airport - this happens quite often and without warning!

  • The doors lock backwards here... good thing to know especially when using public toilets!

Oh... and this is the "Premiere" opening of Harry Potter, which happened last night - a far cry from Leicester Square Premier openings!

It was held at the "Tennispalatsi Finnkino". This used to be an indoor tennis court facility, now converted into a cinema - have to say the most comfortable cinema I have been to with the most delicious tasting popcorn EVER! Yum

So it looks like this weekend I'm on my own as Marc has just left for the UK and I'm in bed with a tummy bug! :-(

Happy Engagement Graeme and Mishi, sorry I couldn't be there to celebrate with you. xx

No comments: