Monday, July 20, 2009

Just another manic Monday!

Today has been one of THOSE days...

You know, when the alarm goes off and you say to yourself, just 5 more minutes. The 5 min turns out to be an hour later - when you bolt up and realise you still have to shower, wash and dry your hair, tidy the apartment, eat some breakfast, draw out some cash and be at the acupuncturist in just 20 min!

Now, my hair doesn't do "rush" well - unless it's blow-dried to my scalp it becomes wilder than a lions mane. So there I am trying to eat my toast with all this hair getting in the way and I'm wondering why this darn tea is taking so long to draw, after taking a quick gulp realised that might be it - I never boiled the water! doh...

With no time to waste, toast in one hand, an umbrella in the other I run down the road in the pouring rain. Not looking where I'm running - SPLASH - hit the biggest puddle ever, now my jeans are soaked and it's too late to realise that perhaps flip-flops aren't the best thing to wear today either!

As I open the door, I think to myself "phew made it, nothing else could possible go wrong..." I should have known to touch wood for my sunglasses were trying their best to keep my hair tame but came shooting off my head, as I turned around to pick them up I accidentally hit the corner of the table and broke it!

Think I'll just curl up in bed for the rest of today and wait for tomorrow to arrive!

No comments: